Social and Community Events & Parents Involvement
How do I get involved as a parent with the school activities?
Various ways to get involved, join the Parent association, and read more in the “Encouraging Parent Involvement” sub-page.
How do I get a view on the quantity and quality of communication from school on my child’s progress?
T.E.S.A.L.A. is based on a very open and active communication model. Please get more details from the “Encouraging Parent Involvement” sub-page.
How can I assess if the school encourages diversity?
At T.E.S.A.L.A., we recognize and appreciate diversity and celebrate it. Get more information from the “Social and Cultural events” sub-page.
Where can I get information on the social and cultural events planned at school?
Please refer to the “Social and Cultural events” sub-page to get more information. The same will also be published in the school year calendar and weekly communication emails from the principal and the class room teacher.
Social and Cultural Events
T.E.S.A.L.A. brings together children from varied backgrounds and socially diverse groups and instils in them a belief so strong that they learn to appreciate this diversity and become appreciative of one another.
At T.E.S.A.L.A., students develop an understanding of the perspective of children of different backgrounds, and learn to function in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, in a fun way by celebrating the traditions and cultural festivals from all across the world.
There are various social and cultural events organized starting from St Patrick Day Parade, to Holi and Diwali, to Christmas and Thanksgiving.
In addition there are Spring and Winter recitals, Science Fair and musical drama shows that are organized facilitating and encouraging participation of all students in stage theatrical shows and events.
Encouraging Parent Involvement
The school recognizes the importance of parent involvement in school, this synergizes the efforts of the teachers with the parents and greatly benefit the overall development of the child.
Listed here are some of the many ways in which T.E.S.A.L.A. encourages parent involvement –
- Weekly communication email from the classroom teacher on the academic, extra curricular and other activities done at school.
- Weekly communication from the principal on the general activities at school and the upcoming events.
- Parent volunteers welcome for field trips and classroom projects – please get in touch with your child’s classroom teacher to get more details.
- Parents are welcome to help organize and run after school clubs or other social and cultural events planned for the year.
- There are parent teacher conferences held once every trimester, and as & when required by either the parent or the teacher.
- Parents are more than welcome to walk-in any time and see the progress of their child at school.
- School administrators will hold “all hands meet” open houses with the parents once every trimester to update on the progress the school is making, any proud moments, or pain points that need further attention and support from everyone to sail through.
In addition there is an active Parent Association that every parent will become a part of.
- Parent association plays a big role in helping to organize all social and cultural events, recitals.
- It also helps with the yearly school magazine and school newsletter published every trimester.